THE RISING OF SUPPLY CHAIN AND LOGISTICS: OPPORTUNITIES AND CHALLENGES IN PANDEMIC COVID 19
The Covid-19 has disrupted the business model by a massive transformation from the physical store to the virtual store due to a dramatic increment in online purchases. It is now essential for businesses to cultivate the knowledge, opportunity, challenges of the supply chain and logistics industry which has experienced a sudden growth in Malaysia and globally.
Raffles University hosted a Supply Chain & Logistics Webinar on 17 April 2021, 9:30 am – 1:30 pm. The webinar was supported by Talent Corporation Malaysia Berhad, Shoppee, and Port of Tanjung Pelepas (PTP).
The Background: Impact of Covid 19 in Supply Chain & Logistics Industry
The business transformation from the impact of covid 19 is inevitable in all industries. The impact was profound, and the business to consumer market is seriously disrupted. The business model of physical retail shops has changed as the consumer has turned to purchase online. There is no turning back from this. The significant purchases through e-commerce are here to stay.
The volume of online purchases is growing like a snowball effect. In response, the supply chain and logistics companies have accelerated their strategies, and new companies are set up to cope with the demand. The supply chain and logistics industries show a quick expansion in Malaysia as well as global.
The webinar aimed to provide an overview of this phenomenon in both Malaysia and the global context. In the webinars, the speakers discussed the opportunities and challenges of the phenomenon. Also, disruptive technology in the supply chain and logistics industry, such as blockchain, was introduced to the participants.
We were pleased to invite 5 speakers to share their views on “The Rising of Supply Chain & Logistics: The Opportunity and The Challenges Post Covid 19” in the seminar
1. Mr Melvin Long | Supply Chain Consultant
– “The Current and Future Trend of Disrupted Business Model in Supply Chain & Logistics Industry”
2. Mr Prakash Thurairasasingam | Head of Commercial |Port of Tanjung Pelepas (PTP)
– “The Opportunity and Challenges faced in Port Operation Post Pandemic.”
3. Associate Professor Dr Sasa ARSOVSKI | Programme Director of AI & Robotics | Raffles University
– “The Disrupted Technology in Supply Chain & Logistics Industry”
4. Mr Kenneth LEE | Human Resource (Employer Branding) | Shopee MY
– “Career Prospect and Development in E-commerce”
5. Ms Nazliyah Mohd Ali | Industry Partnership | Talent Corporation Malaysia Berhad
– “Talent Attributes and Opportunity of Graduates in Post Pandemic”
The webinar will be moderated by Mr Ranesh MANOKARAN, RU Alumni from Bachelor of Supply Chain Management (Honours).
GUEST SPEAKER – ABOUT TALENTCORP
Ms Asmaliza ROMLEE | Industry Partnership Manager | Talent Corporation Malaysia Berhad
– Ms Asmaliza also introduced the Talent Corporation Malaysia Berhad and the service it provides to the participants. She also shared some tips on how to be ready for a career after graduates.